Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Forum related / HW and "cyclic distribution"...... Applied to GO?
« Last post by jzz on 20. May 2018, 20:42:46 »
I have noticed that HW offers an option for audio distribution which, if i've got it right, sets up audio distribution such that the effect of feeding similar stop notes through a particular channel is minimised. I have noticed that with GO, and indeed the "non-advanced" version of HW the electronic transient nulling of a particular note can be objectionable, though I have found the same problem to exist on some expensive organs, which obviously I should not name.
The problem arises because while two electrical signals can effectively null or reinforce each other, when the same signals are fed through different speakers the nulling is incomplete due to multi-path accoustic effects.
I am having difficulty seeing how to use GO to do 'ambitious' routing, such as:
imagine a 4 channel set-up, ignoring pedals, for 8' distribution-
channel A takes Diapason C
channel B takes Diapason C# and Open Diapason C
Channel C takes Diapason D, and Open Diapason C# and Flute C
Channel D takes Diapason D#, Open Diapason D, Flute C#, and Geigen C
Channel A takes Diapason E .......................etc., going round and round till all are placed.
Then do something similar for 4' and 16' etc.

Hopefully this gives the picture of what I am looking at.

Am I expecting too much of GO????? Or is it possible to modify in such a way as to permit this, even if it has to be done tediously, manually?

Regardless, I still think GO is pretty good, many thanks all the people who have done the hard work.
JRC
English / Re: Memory in Windows XP
« Last post by Mick Berg on 18. May 2018, 07:53:37 »
One year later, a belated thank you!
Mick :)
English / Re: Fitting a sample set into available space
« Last post by Mick Berg on 18. May 2018, 07:51:18 »
My apologies. Bad choice of words on my part. However it is done, it sounds very good for its size.
Mick
« Last post by martin on 16. May 2018, 20:32:58 »
The demo set uses about 500 MB RAM [look at the organ properties].

I would not state "they are not true samples". It uses lots of tricks (eg. by sharing samples) to reduce its disk footprint, but its based on one of Lars samplesets.

Its "birth" has been handled in a thread @ magle.dk, if you are interested in more details.
« Last post by Mick Berg on 13. May 2018, 21:38:23 »
It is a special sample set for demonstration purposes. AFAIK they are not true samples. But the set sounds quite good.
Mick
« Last post by DArcy Omond on 13. May 2018, 03:04:27 »
Thanks for your comments.  I have been downloading organs with about 20 stops but they don't fit in my 4GB of RAM yet the GO Demo organ does this in about 55MB of memory.  Am I missing something?

D'Arcy
English / Organ for Sale
« Last post by Mick Berg on 09. May 2018, 09:10:30 »
Hello.
I am putting up my organ for sale. Details are at my website, www.mickberg.com. I am asking $2,500. It would need to be collected from the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, California.
Thanks,
Mick Berg
« Last post by Mick Berg on 09. May 2018, 09:05:20 »
You can also save space by loading the samples in a compressed format. without knowing what kind of organ you want, it's not easy to suggest a suitable sample set.
Mick
« Last post by TomG on 08. May 2018, 13:43:01 »
Hi,

Have you tried loading samples in 16-bit rather than 24-bit? You can squeeze quite a few more in then!

Tom
English / Fitting a sample set into available space
« Last post by DArcy Omond on 08. May 2018, 02:50:39 »
I have moved to GO due to the 1.5gb constraints imposed by Hauptwerk.  However, I now find I am limited to 4gb in my computer RAM.  If it is not a silly question, is there a sample set, preferably more than to 2 manuals + pedal, which will fit in my memory space?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10