Author Topic: Four Organ Ensemble Demo MP3 File  (Read 698 times)

Offline Pneuma

• Jr. Mitglied
    • View Profile
Four Organ Ensemble Demo MP3 File
« on: 21. November 2016, 07:08:05 »
I have a quad-core USDT HP-Compaq with 16GB DRAM and LINUX MINT 17. Am running GO version 2084 and have many free organs installed. Using "workspaces" 1 through 4 I opened four organs - Burea, Wildervank, Barton Theatre and Skrzatusz. After playing with registrations I came up with fabulous 4-organ ensemble registrations. I am not an organist - just play with headphones for my own enjoyment. I recently recorded some non-musical chord progressions to demonstrate the multiple organ effect and recorded the results into audacity and saved the file as .mp3. It is available at http://www.windmountain.org/4organs.mp3

Offline Mick Berg

• Neuling
    • View Profile
    • Mick Berg's Web Site
Re: Four Organ Ensemble Demo MP3 File
« Reply #1 on: 18. February 2017, 22:20:03 »
Hi Pneuma

This certainly sounds very good. I'm wondering if one can load and play the same organ twice, to give a better ensemble sound. I run GO on Windows XP with only 2gb RAM so I can't try it right now, but I plan to upgrade to a better computer (and maybe run GOLive or even a full Linux platform)

BTW I also listen to the organ on headphones (Sony MDR-V6).  I have put a couple of Bass Shakers (affectionately known as Butt Shakers) in my bench. It adds a great effect to the low notes. Try it!

Cheers,
Mick
All the best,
Mick

Offline martin

• Jr. Mitglied
    • View Profile
    • GrandOrgue
« Reply #2 on: 19. February 2017, 12:42:40 »
Using the sample sample multiple time concurrently is discouraged - GO demo set prefers borrowing pipes for that reason.

Offline Pneuma

• Jr. Mitglied
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26. February 2017, 09:28:55 »
Hello Mick

Thanks for the feedback. My main Grand Orgue Computer is an INTEL Quad-Core machine running 64-bit LINUX Mint with 16GB RAM. I recommend something like that when you upgrade.

I recognize no boundaries with Grand Orgue and not only use multiple organs - I set the tuning off just a tiny bit and collect as many free organs i can find on the internet. There are some unusual far-out couplers available in Grand Orgue, too, and they can also make for interesting ensembles.

We just developed a new MIDI processor board which spreads out the "pipes" across multiple PC's and the effects are very realistic with different semitones coming out from different sound propagators. Sometime this year we hope to market the device.

Kind Regards, Dave Gorgas

Offline Pneuma

• Jr. Mitglied
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28. February 2017, 07:03:28 »
Tonight I installed LIPINY organ and was able to concurrently load LIPINY, BUREA, BARTON and SILBERMANN. No glitches with GO version 2084 loaded in LINUX MINT 64-bit Quad Core INTEL 3470 with 16GB RAM. TUTTI was spectacular with headphones ON. Wow!